The latest news comes with great excitement for both sides. White Rock Fire Fighters Charity has been in discussion with Variety - The Children's Charity over the past week. Local 2407 Charity head, James Davison was enthused when saying, " This is incredible news for our event and for Variety. We're looking forward to the partnership, and can't wait to get this event off the ground. Variety couldn't be a better fit for us and it appears they are just as excited about the event as we are!"
Variety - The Children's Charity is a registered charitable society with a mission to raise funds and distribute grants throughout British Columbia to inspire hope, enrich lives, and build a better future for children who have special needs.
Since 1965, they have raised over $140 million, providing much-needed funding to children and organizations. Every year, Variety receives over 1,000 applications from individual families with children who have special needs making them the leading children's charity in B.C. for issuing such grants. Over 40 per cent of the grant disbursements are given to individual families, the other 60 per cent are given to organizations that help children and families.
Variety does not receive government funding. They rely solely on donations from individuals and corporations. As a volunteer based organization, they have some of the lowest administration rates amongst charitable groups. 90 cents of every dollar goes directly to the people they help, children who have special needs!
White Rock Fire Fighters will meet with Variety in the coming weeks to finalize the partnership and to organize a plan of action to kick off this big event!